Good nutrition is when your body gets all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals it needs to work its best. It plays an important role in our lives. Good nutrition can help guard against malnutrition and help prevent diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cancer. Benefits of good nutrition are numerous and essential to our health.
According to research in 2017, many people have a diet consisting largely of saturated fat, trans fat, sugar and sodium.
However, they should instead be consuming healthful diets such as fruits and vegetables. The food we put into our bodies reflects onto our health. Benefits of good nutrition includes improvement your well being. reduce cancer risk, improved memory, weight loss and other
Benefits of good nutrition
- Nutrition helps us to maintain a healthy immune system. For our body to function properly, our immune system must defend against diseases, and so poor nutrition can mean we are more prone to diseases. Good nutrition reduces the risk of some diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, some cancers, and osteoporosis. When you eat foods and take supplements, you are helping to keep your immune system healthy.
- Reduces cancer risk. Foods that contain antioxidants can reduce a person’s risk of developing cancer by protecting cells from damage. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes act as antioxidants, as well as beta-carotene, lycopene, and vitamins A, C, and E. According to researchers, diets rich in fruits reduced the risk of upper gastrointestinal tract cancers. They also found that a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and fiber lowered the risk of colorectal cancer, while a diet rich in fiber reduces the risk of liver cancer. cancer. Antioxidants foods include: berries such as blueberries and raspberries, dark leafy greens, pumpkin and carrots, nuts and seeds.
- Weight loss. Healthy nutrition helps to maintain a moderate weight and can help reduces the risk of health issues. Being obese can risk conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, poor bone density and others. Healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, and beans, are lower in calories than most processed foods which can help you loss weight. In 2018, researchers found that a diet rich in fiber and lean proteins resulted in weight loss without the need for monitoring calorie intake.
- Improve memory. A healthy diet can help maintain cognition and brain health. A 2015 study identified nutrients and foods that protect against cognitive decline and dementia. The researchers found the following to be beneficial: vitamin D, vitamin C, and vitamin E, Omega-3 fatty acids, flavonoids and polyphenols and fish
- Living a longer life. Whilst our bodies need food in order to be healthy and survive, the process our body takes to metabolise causes stress on the body.By overeating, we are creating more stress and this could potentially lead to a short lifespan if changes are not made.If we feed our bodies the wrong types of food our lifespan can hugely decline. By eating diets that are rich in nutrients, and contain little to no processed foods, our lives may be lengthened.
In conclusion, eating healthy food has many health benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. It can also boost a person’s mood and provide them with more energy.