Tea is a beverage enjoyed around the world. You can make it by pouring hot water onto tea leaves and allowing them to steep for several minutes so their flavor infuses into the water. Tea has many varieties like green tea, white tea, black tea, herbal tea, puerh tea, oolong tea and many more. These aromatic beverages are commonly made from the leaves of Camellia sinensis, a type of evergreen shrub native to Asia. The question many people ask is that: is black tea good to lose weight ? Yes, some studies have even found that black tea may enhance weight loss and help fight belly fat. This article will discuss everything about black tea.
Black tea is made from the leaves of the tea plant known as Camellia sinensis. The leaves are hand plucked two times per year. After harvest, the leaves are withered and rolled using large bamboo mats. The leaves are then gently bruised to induce oxidation, which turns the leaves a dark brown or black color.
Once the leaves reach a predetermined oxidation level, they are dried. The drying process depends on the type of tea being produced and can include pan-firing, sun-drying, roasting, and smoking methods. The leaves are sorted and packaged. Black tea leaves are available in loose leaf form as well as in rolled pearls and packed cakes or balls.
There are many different types and blends of black tea available, including popular varieties like Earl Grey and English breakfast.
Is Black Tea good to lose weight
Black tea is a fat reducer that can help us lose weight naturally. Here are how black tea helps to lose weight.
It’s A Prebiotic
This means that compounds in the black tea induce the growth or activity of beneficial microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi.
A study found that black tea works as a prebiotic to improve digestive processes. The researchers believe the presence of black tea molecules in the intestines helps to increase good microorganisms in the gut microbiome.
Boosts Energy Metabolism
Black tea typically contains the highest concentration of caffeine among the true teas. Each cup of black tea can have anywhere from 50 to 80 mg of caffeine. Caffeine has long been linked to boosting energy and increasing metabolic rate. This helps the body perform better during exercise and shed pounds faster.
It decreases caloric intake
Black tea is a naturally low calorie beverage. It has only approximately 2 calories per cup. It also has zero percent cholesterol and saturated fat. Simply replacing high-calorie drinks such as soda and juice with tea can help you lose weight faster. Drinking tea during or before a meal can also help you feel full sooner. If a cup of black tea is found to have more than 2 calories, it is usually linked to other products added to it such as milk, honey, or sugar. To get the best weight loss benefits from black tea, it is best to take it on its own.
Lowers Triglyceride Levels
Other Benefits of black tea
- Consuming water or black tea before 30 minutes meals can aid in weight loss to a certain extent.
- It protects the skin from aging and protects from skin getting damaged due to high UV radiations and controls premature ageing.
- It boosts immunity and also lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Adding honey and lemon extract helps keep the digestive system healthy and also removes toxins and reduces fat deposits in our body.
- It helps in reducing stress levels and keeps us mentally alert.
- It reduces the risk of Cancer in women.
- It is also helpful for asthma patients.
- Reduces the risk of heart problems and black tea has many more benefits if consumed before meals without sugar.
How to make the tea
- add two cups of water to a saucepan. Use good quality water that is perfect for drinking purposes
- add a teaspoon of black tea leaves. Try to use good quality tea leaves that are original tea leaves and that give a good taste after steeping well.
- Bring it to a boil. Steep the tea for a few minutes and simmer it for 5-10 minutes. For a stronger flavour steep it for a few more minutes
- Switch off the flame. Strain the black tea into a cup.
- Let it turn to a lukewarm state
- Add a few drops of lemon extract to the strained tea.
- Add honey while consuming and do not add sugar to the tea for better benefits.
- Stir and serve the drink.
If you are sensitive to caffeine, it is best to avoid drinking black tea in the afternoon. Although it contains less caffeine than coffee, tea can affect the quality of your sleep. A lot of research has shown that good sleep is important for general health and has an influence on weight